Social benefits for citizens who found themselves in difficult life situations.
Depending on the circumstances, the legislation of the Russian Federation provides for decisions on the assignment of social benefits to certain categories of citizens. In case of death, this is a burial allowance in the form of a one-time payment of a sum of money.
Receipt of burial allowance is regulated by the Federal Law of 12.01.1996 No. 8-FZ «Concerning Burial and the Funeral Business». The amount of the burial allowance since January 1, 2016 is 5 562 rubles 25 kopecks, for Moscow an additional payment of 11,000 rubles is assigned.
According to the decree of the Government of Moscow, a compensation, the maximum amount of which is 38,400 rubles, is established from January 1, 2012 in the event of the death of a disabled person or participant in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945.
The relatives can receive the burial allowance, but the degree of kinship is not a determining factor, since the possibility of receiving the allowance by others is not limited by the legislation of the Russian Federation. The applicant, who took responsibility for organization of the funeral, may receive the allowance. An mandatory condition for receiving a burial allowance is the presentation of documents confirming that he (or she) has taken responsibility for the organization of the burial.
To receive an allowance, the applicant should contact:
- the place of work of the deceased, employed on the date of death;
- the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation. If the deceased was a pensioner, but was not employed on the date of death;
- in the management of social protection. If the deceased was not employed on the date of death and was not a pensioner. This also applies to stillborn children at the end of 154 days of pregnancy.
To receive the allowance the following documents are required:
- passport or document certifying the identity of the applicant;
- death certificate;
- an employment record book or other documents confirming that the deceased was not employed on the date of death;
- account number and bank details;
The burial allowance can be paid directly in the post offices or transferred to a bank account from the budget of the city of Moscow.
Important!!! The social allowance for burial is paid if the application for it was received no later than 6 (six) months.