Repatriation of decease
Choice of transport for repatriation of deceased
In each family, sooner or later, there comes a time when one of the loved ones dies. If the death occurred far from home, it becomes doubly harder. As you need to take care of the burial of the body in a short time, but before this the deceased must be delivered to the place of burial.
Telling in detail about the transportation of mortal remains, first of all we note that this term is currently used not only for those who died in the course of military operations, but almost any person who died away from the place of burial. Transportation of such deceased to another city is most often performed by air transport.
You can do with a car with a relatively short distance, but it is better to take the plane in case the travel time is more than 1000 kilometers. This is explained by the fact that the process of decomposition of the body begins anyway and procrastination will be unpleasant on any side.
It is almost impossible to do this independently, since long-distance transportation of the deceased can be carried out only by a specialized service. It will be necessary to collect a package of documents for transportation (it is not necessary to purchase a zinc casket when transporting for not long distances).
Documents for transportation of deceased for long distances
When transporting the body of the deceased from one city to another, to begin with, it will be necessary to collect a package of documents, which include:
- Death certificate. In the event that it cannot be done quickly, it can be replaced by a medical certificate of death;
- Permit from the Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing to transport the deceased. Earlier, the issue of these certificates was in the competence of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service, now, in connection with their abolition, these powers were transferred to the Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing;
- Certificate about the absence of any foreign objects inside the casket. In this case, the foreign objects are those objects which turnover is prohibited in accordance with the legislation;
- Information about the sealing of the casket (if the casket is zinc). It should be noted here that when transporting the body of the deceased by air, the purchase of a zinc casket is mandatory;
- Agreement for transportation. This document is not mandatory if you have an accompanying person. It can be any close relative of the deceased.
The cost of transportation of a body to another city depends on many factors, the main ones are the type of transport used and distance. When transporting by road, as a rule, 1 kilometer is taken for calculation. To calculate the cost of transportation of deceased please call at: +7(925)116-20-44